Thursday, April 10, 2008

Readings for April 10th

The Happy Third Day of the Writing of The Book of the Law!

Reading 1: Liber AL vel Legis (CCXX), Chapter 3

http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0220.html#chap3

Reading 2: From Liber Sæculi (CCCXVIII), the 22nd Æthyr, by Saint Aleister Crowley

The voice of the Crowned Child, the Speech of the Babe that is hidden in the egg of blue: I have opened mine eye, and the universe is dissolved before me, for force is mine upper eye-lid and matter is my lower eye-lid. I gaze into the seven spaces, and there is naught.

I have gone forth to war, and I have slain him that sat upon the sea, crowned with the winds. I put forth my power and he was broken. I withdrew my power and he was ground into fine dust.

Rejoice with me, O ye Sons of the Morning; stand with me upon the Throne of Lotus; gather yourselves up unto me, and we shall play together in the fields of light. I have passed into the Kingdom of the West after my Father.

Behold! where are now the darkness and the terror and the lamentation? For ye are born into the new Æon; ye shall not suffer death. Bind up your girdles of gold! Wreathe yourselves with garlands of my unfading flowers! In the nights we will dance together, and in the morning we will go forth to war; for, as my Father liveth that was dead, so do I live and shall never die.

Reading 3: Vajrasattva, Primordial Buddha of Diamond or Rainbow Light, Tibetan Buddhist text adapted by Lalitha

The musicality of being is the sound of ice being shattered by lightning
The diamond prison of the rational mind
Burst by the power of Truth
The iron bars of selfhood
Cracked by the Infinite Mind

I am both creative and destructive, compassionate and ruthless
I create the rainbow relationships of the Awakened Ones
The interactions of their light and shade
I destroy illusion with the power of Truth
And kill the sense of the separate self
I am compassionate towards those that strive for perfection
And I aid them in the casting off of desires
I am ruthless towards the evil, the clinging, and the desperate
For only the pure may approach me

I hold the reins of creation in my hands
The first light of the Void and its wave of divine colors
I hold and store them, refract them within my crystal
The prisms of cut-glass within my symbolic waters
My power is the Indestructible Awakened Goddess, the diamond wisdom of the Void
She is the channel by which my energies of creation take form
She is the vessel which holds the light, the diamond which surrounds me
Whose true form is the crystal vajra

My music is ice and snow, wind and water
The victorious shout of the ascetic as he transcends the wrathful aspects
The moan of the tantrika as he is overcome by brilliance
The exploding dynamite of a man escaping from prison
The glorious silence when the chains of attachment to light have been left behind

To the seeker I say:
The Awakened Ones of the Indestructible Way are powerful, and one must be pure
Not only to approach and encounter them
But in order to escape once you have done so
Each has beings who live for him alone
And may never leave to travel higher
For they cling to the Awakened deities and cannot give up their light

Do not love beauty and do not cling
Or the rich rosy light will wind you a crimson shroud
Do not love power or striving, and do not conquer others
Or the emerald sword will spear you to the ground
Do not love sensual harmonies and the swaying of nature
Or the golden rows of grain will hide the sky
Do not love the icy purity of detachment and the isolation of space
Or the cold blue surfaces of the mind will prevent you from freedom

Follow the path of peace and tranquility
Renounce all attachments
And strive for Truth and Freedom alone
For the most high beings may yet act through personality
The light of the god is not yet free
The concept of enlightenment must yet be rejected
For the experience of freedom to dawn.


Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: