Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Pathless Void

This article is cross-posted from my Author Website.

My new science fiction novella The Pathless Void is now available to buy from Amazon and Smashwords. If you're a fan of old-school science fiction, check it out. I think you will like it. There's nothing paranormal in it like spells or psychic powers, just aliens and future technology if you're into those sorts of things.

The Pathless Void started out as an unofficial NaNoWriMo project from years ago. It was my first attempt at writing anything so quickly, and I was happy with how the first forty thousand words turned out. But while I did clear fifty thousand words during the month, I decided that the last ten or twelve thousand were not very good. So the project has languished since that time. What I've decided to do now is go ahead and publish the first forty thousand words as a novella in ebook format.

The original book was intended to consist of two sections about that length, each a mostly self-contained narrative, and what I've published now is the first of those two. It reminds me a lot of some of the "Golden Age" sci-fi that I read when I was younger, with speculative space travel technology based on our current scientific understanding but extrapolated into the future. Down the road I plan on serializing the story in order to continue it, but the second section will go in a different direction from what I wrote the first time around.

Check it out, and I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: