Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Ritual Night Talk for February 16th


Here is the video of yesterday's Ritual Night Talk, on Doing Magick Right. The donation link is here.


As a follow-up to last week's talk on Doing Magick Wrong, here's my take on Doing Magick Right. In this talk I explain what I have found to be "best practices" when approaching magick, especially as a beginner. A big part of that is ignoring wannabe gatekeepers trying to police your practice and doing what works for you.


To be clear, I'm not trying to come across that way myself either. If you have a practice that's working for you, keep it up - regardless of what I or anyone else tries to tell you. But if you're not sure where to start, I can recommend some good jumping-off points and basic rituals to get you on your way.


Enjoy!


Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

2 comments:

HalcAre said...

Good talk, it was very helpful. I think there was an Aleister Crowley quote - "Let persistence and determination be thy watchwords."

I had a question about how long magical effects from spells last. I've done a few evocations for healing, and one for love. In these cases they made a noticeable difference, but the effect subsided and was back to normal after about a month.

It makes sense, since the healings were for chronic conditions and the love spell was something I should have cast generally instead of specifically, but I'm curious if working spells running out of steam was something you've run into before?

These were not talismans, by the way.

Scott Stenwick said...

I notice that direct charges will only last for so long too. I have been able to get them to run for up to a few months, but not much longer without recasting. That was one of the effects that prompted me doing more work with talismans.

There are two approaches to this, both of which I allude to above. The first is to put a time limit on your spell and recast when the limit is up if you want the spell to continue. You use a time limit to keep the spell running at full power for the duration instead of fading out slowly over time.

The other way is to create a permanent talisman. Those will run for years as opposed to months, and can run longer than that if you make offerings to them and the like to "feed" the effect.