Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Praying Otters

There's nothing paranormal going on here aside from extreme cuteness, but try telling that to all of the religious folks getting in touch with photographer Marac Andrev Kolodzinski after he took this remarkable picture of two otters seemingly engaged in prayer.

The 49-year-old from Herefordshire, who spent two hours waiting in the freezing cold observing the otter and his friends before he caught the divine moment on camera, has been fending off calls ever since.

'I've had lots of religious people call me up, saying that I was a tool doing the Lord's work,' he added to the Daily Mail.

'There was a guy from a religious cult that called me once. He wanted me to come out to Switzerland and preach to all these people about how I felt, and what I experienced at the time.'

The Lord may work in mysterious ways, but in fact Kolodzinski has been trying to explain to everyone that the otters weren't praying, but rather playing with a stone. If you look closely you can see it between the paws of the otter on the right. On the other hand, how would we really know? Otter spirituality is one of those mysteries that we're not about to unravel any time soon.

It sure is cute, though.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

2 comments:

Rufus Opus said...

I knew a guy who had an otter-body experience.

Daily said...

I love that photo. They sometimes caption it like here:

http://www.christianfunnypictures.com/2012/04/praying-otter-meme-it-was-otter-guy.html