Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Mastering the Thirty Aires Submitted!

We seem to have survived the latest Nibiru Rapture in order to allow me to make an important announcement to fans of my Enochian books. Yeah, that's totally the reason! It's kind of like an Enochian Entirely-Other-Than-Apocalypse - so take that, Donald Tyson! Anyway, this is cross-posted from my author website.

It took a lot longer than I ever expected, but my draft manuscript for Mastering the Thirty Aires has finally been submitted to my publisher. Editing and book production usually run around six months or so, which means that the book should be available sometime next fall.

Mastering the Thirty Aires completes my trilogy of books on the mostly-Dee-purist-with-some-additions system of Enochian magick that I have worked out over the last twenty-five years. It focuses on practical results, and uses what I consider the best interpretation of the material in the Dee diaries for attributions and powers of the all the spirits and other components of the system. It deals with how to use the Aires and Parts of the Earth to effect political change, and also includes some valuable and practical material on zodiacal magick.

I'm looking forward to making this final piece of my base Enochian system available to the public, and will keep you all posted when I have a release date. Thanks for your patience, and I think you will like the final result very much.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

5 comments:

C-Style Magazine said...

Congratulations, Scott! Now, always being one on the lookout for how magick can be applied practically, I would like to know if you have ever used the rituals in Denning and Phillips' book, "Mysteria Magica?" I also gleaned from reading Lon DuQuette's "Enochian Magick," that one cannot move on to the next 'Aire' until you have mastered the previous one(s)? So,if I needed the assist of Angels from the say, the 7th Aire, I couldn't obtain it until I have worked with the rest? Or do I have it totally wrong?

Would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Scott Stenwick said...

I tried some of the Denning and Philips rituals years ago, but their Enochian system is really more like the GD system than the Dee system. They eliminate some of the complexities from the Concourse of Forces, but still attribute the elements to the tablets in the exact same (idiosyncratic) manner. It's pretty clear that the Denning and Philips system is based on the GD system with relatively minor changes.

As far as that view of the Aires goes, you're conflating practical and mystical work. When you are Rising on the Planes/Scrying the Aethyrs as per the Crowley method, you need to work them in order starting with TEX and working up to LIL. But for practical work, you can call the angels of the Aires in any order. You don't have to do the mystical work all the way up to LIL, for example, to cast a political spell that would affect Egypt, one of the Parts associated with that Aire.

Alex Scaraoschi said...

Just out of curiosity Scott - can the Aires be used to influence warfare, besides politics?

I can see how influencing politics could result in revolutions or uprisings that would eventually change the regime, but I wonder if working this kind of magic can influence the outcomes of actual battles. Think about WW2 and some major battles that titled the scales of the conflict. And even in our times with the ongoing fights in the Middle East, Afghanistan etc.

Scott Stenwick said...

Possibly, but the one time I tried it was to stop the United States from invading Iraq. Obviously, we all know how that turned out. There are a couple of things I tried in that operation like opening two Aires at once (for Iraq and for the United States) which I no longer believe are viable methods, but it's hard to say whether it would have worked otherwise.

If I were to do it again, I would stick to influencing the United States because after the fact it became clear that the Bush administration wanted to invade no matter what the Iraqis did. But at the time, the media was making it sound like there was still a real possibility for negotiation, and it wasn't completely clear how many people in the administration were willing to commit war crimes.

Still, that doesn't entirely address your question. I'm pretty sure that when faced with the Spanish Armada Dee used the Heptarchia, which proved quite effective, rather than the Aires.

Alex Scaraoschi said...

Okay, so it's more towards influencing politics then. Thank you!