Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Qigong Sleep Spell?

I don't usually post videos this long here on Augoeides, but I found this one particularly fascinating. It shows footage of a Japanese Qigong master putting animals to sleep using the power of energy work. As a student of Qigong, I'm aware of techniques that you can use to make other people tired or help them wake up. But this seems to be a whole other level.

A caveat - this is from a television program, so hypothetically it could have been staged. Generally speaking, I'm not one to jump to the conclusion that anything on television is automatically a hoax, and I haven't found any evidence or testimony that these demonstrations were faked. So I'm assuming that the footage is genuine, with allowances for editing and such.

Most of what I was doing while watching the footage was trying to figure out exactly what the Qigong master was doing so I could see about imitating it. He's using his cupped projecting hand, and appears to be alternating slow "down" motions with quicker side-to-side motions with his arm slightly bent at the elbow.

In addition to this, I assume he's doing proper Qigong breathing along with a visualization something like the macrocosmic orbit, which extends from the core of the body to the "bubbling well" points on the palms of the hands and feet. The hand motions make me guess that what he is trying to do is increase the amount of Earth energy in the animals' subtle bodies relative to Heaven energy.

According to what I have been taught, Qi comes in two forms - Heaven and Earth. Earth moves from the feet upwards and Heaven moves from head downward. Earth is calm, placid, and sedate, whereas Heaven is active, alert, and in extreme cases on edge. The "down" motions could amplify Earth, whereas the side-to-side motions could disperse Heaven to keep it from descending as fully through the body.

Theoretically, that could put an animal or a person to sleep, but I expect that it would take a lot of practice to get to the point where I would be able to do it this reliably. At the same time, that's what practice is for, right?

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: