Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 2012 - Now With Less Pink!

It's been awhile since I posted a site update, or for that matter did much work on the look and feel of Augoeides. One of the things that I get asked from time to time is to make the site less pink. If this is the first time you've ever viewed this site that probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but up until now Augoeides was using a three-column variant of the "Thisaway Rose" template which did in fact color the main text area and sidebars in light shades of pink. For all that "clear pink rose" is the King Scale color for the Qabalistic sphere of Tiphareth, corresponding to the grade of Adept and thus the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel or Augoeides, I don't think very many of my readers got the reference and some just found it annoying.

So today I've gone ahead and updated the template to remove most of the pink, replacing it with white for the main text area and a very light gray for the sidebars. Even though the Qabalistic color reference is less direct, I do think that it makes the site more readable. Gray and white are of course the Queen Scale colors for Chockmah and Kether respectively, for anyone out there who might be keeping track. The pink is now confined to some of the text and border around the entire frame, and I hope that you all will enjoy the new look.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pink was a refreshing change to some of the more somber esoteric focused blogs. A bit of a rarity in the way that humour is a rarity in this part of the blogosphere. More pink I say! More pink!

Scott Stenwick said...

Well, I don't plan on removing more of it any time soon. I expect the current look and feel will endure for some time, including the pink text for quotes, headlines, and so forth.

One of the interesting things I found is that how pink it looked depended very much on individual monitor settings. On my monitor at home it was quite noticeable, whereas on a friend's you could barely tell the difference.

Just so you know, this is not about to become a somber, stuffy esoteric blog any time soon. I'm not about to give up on making fun of Muggle Quidditch players, people who belong to werewolf churches, phony psychics, or sanctimonious religious fanatics. That's all in a day's work around here!