Thursday, December 21, 2017

Auto-Talismanic Ritual

The following is a script for the Auto-Talismanic Ritual that we will be performing at Leaping Laughter Oasis tomorrow evening, Friday December 22nd, for the Winter Solstice. This ritual is a group invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel that we perform at this time every year, and which incorporates some of the same elements as the elixir rites. As with the Via Solis series and our other seasonal workings, this is a public ritual that is open to all.

0. The Temple

The temple is set up with an altar in the center, on which sits the Table of Art. A chalice, initially filled with salt water, is placed in the center of the Table. The banishing dagger, invoking wand, and bell chime are placed on the altar. Magus stands to the west of the altar facing east. Sophia stands to the east of the altar facing west. Magus wears white and Sophia wears black. Throughout the ritual, Sophia and Magus face each other across the altar, moving appropriately throughout the various ceremonial forms.

I. Opening

Magus takes up the banishing dagger and performs the Star Ruby.

Sophia: We take refuge in Nuit, the blue-lidded daughter of sunset, the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night sky, as we issue the call to the awakened nature of all beings, for every man and every woman is a star.

All: MAKAShANAH.

Magus: We take refuge in Hadit, the secret flame that burns in every heart of man and in the core of every star, as we issue the call to our own awakened natures, arousing the coiled serpent about to spring.

All: ABRAHADHABRA.

Sophia: We take refuge in Heru-Ra-Ha, who wields the wand of double power, the wand of the force of Coph Nia, but whose left hand is empty for he has crushed an universe and naught remains, as we unite our awakened natures with those of all beings everywhere and everywhen, dissolving all obstacles and healing all suffering.

All: AUMGN.

Magus: For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.

Sophia:: All is pure and present and has always been so, for existence is pure joy; all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass and are done; but there is that which remains. To this realization we commit ourselves – pure and total presence.

All: So mote it be.



Magus takes up the ritual wand and performs the Star Sapphire. When finished, All rise and perform the Prayer of the Aeon led by the officers.

All: Now I begin to pray: Thou Child,
Holy Thy name and undefiled!
Thy reign is come: Thy will is done.
Here is the Bread; here is the Blood.
Bring me through midnight to the Sun!
Save me from Evil and from Good!
That Thy one crown of all the Ten
Even now and here be mine.
AMEN


Bell Chime.

II. Cleansing

Beginning with Sophia, the chalice is passed around the temple counter-clockwise. Each person present dips the index finger of his or her right hand into the chalice and stirs the water counter-clockwise. As this is done, all limitations and restrictions are visualized streaming into the cup where they are absorbed by the salt water. Each person then breathes into the cup three times. Once the cup has traveled around the circle, Sophia empties it into a prepared container. She places this container outside the temple and then returns to her place to the east of the altar facing west.

Each person visualizes his or her Holy Guardian Angel appearing above the chalice. All recite the following prayer, substituting gendered pronouns as appropriate.

I am my Angel’s beloved.
My lungs take in Hir breath.
My veins run with Hir red.
Blessed are the feet that have walked my path of trials and pleasure.
My hands are Hir hands.
I am God as surely as I created the universe at the beginning.
I need bow down before no one,
Nor before any deity.
My body is Hir body,
Glistening with the sweat of stars.
My tears and my joy are Hir gifts;
I bestow these as I will.
Angel within and without!
Fill me with the light that exposes evil;
Fill me with the light that evil flees from;
Fill me with the light that illuminates me in my hiding,
That I may come forth from hiding and bathe in the joy of the light.
ABRAHADABRA!

Magus: The light is come to the darkness, and the darkness is made light. Then is light married with light, and the child of their love is that other darkness, wherein they abide that have lost name and form. Therefore did I kindle him that had not understanding, and in the Book of the Law did I write the secrets of truth that are like unto a star and a snake and a sword.

Sophia: And unto him that understandeth at last do I deliver the secrets of truth in such wise that the least of the little children of the light may run to the knees of the mother and be brought to understand. And thus shall he do who will attain unto the mystery of the knowledge and conversation of his Holy Guardian Angel.

All: So mote it be!


The HGA is visualized as responding to the prayer by pouring blessings upon each person present and upon the chalice. This should be seen as warm, welcoming white light that originates in the heart center of the Angel. This light continues to rain down upon all present and upon the chalice which glows brilliant white.

Magus: For My law is love unto all beings. Mine is the secret that opens the door of youth, and Mine is the cup of the wine of life that is the holy grail of immortality.

Sophia: I AM open to the truth of my Being, my purpose on earth and unfoldment of my destiny now. I act upon that purpose without hesitation.

All: EROS!

Magus: You who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.

Sophia: I have now overcome all self doubt, and all lack of trust in self. I now allow the I AM presence to fill my life with the truth of my divinity.

All: NUOS!

Magus: I am the soul of nature that gives life to the universe. From Me all things proceed and unto Me they must return.

Sophia: I have transformed my desire for abundance into an openness to receive this abundance on all levels and in all areas of my life now.

All: SYNCHRONOS!

Magus: Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind nothing! The word of Sin is Restriction.

Sophia: I AM a cosmic presence of total freedom with the ability to choose and hold all I desire to have. I take my first steps of freedom now, knowing the universe always takes the second for my complete support.

All: ALLAGE!

Magus: The cup is now cleansed, we are filling the cup!


III. Invocation

Magus refills the chalice and with the material basis, and then performs a modified Greater Invoking Ritual of the Hexagram for the Sun, using the Invoking Hexagram of the Beast with HERU-RA-HA as the god-name following ARARITA. As this ritual is performed, the light raining down from the heart of each person's HGA changes from white to red.

Sophia: O Thou Unity of all things: as the sun that rolleth through the twelve mansions of the skies, so art Thou, O God my God. I cannot slay Thee, for Thou art everywhere; lo! though I lick up the Boundless Light, the Boundless, and the Not, there still shall I find Thee, Thou Unity of Unities, Thou Oneness, O Thou perfect Nothingness of Bliss!

Led by the two Officers, all chant ABRAHADABRA. This chant continues as the visualization is maintained. Each person visualizes his or her HGA merging with his or her physical body along with the chant. The red light continues to energize the chalice, but once the form of the HGA is assumed it radiates from the heart center of each person present rather than from the image above. As the cup absorbs the red light it glows with clear rose light, the red light mingling with the original white brilliance. When the shift in the visualization is complete and Magus perceives that the cup is filled with energy, he rings the bell and the chant stops.

IV. Integration

Beginning with the two Officers, the chalice is passed clockwise. Each person makes the following statement and then takes a drink. If desired, each participant may write their own statement of intent to replace the one given here.

I now reveal with resonant being increasing magical skill and physical health every day on all levels, enjoying strong, loving family bonds, wonderful friendships, and rich alliances, while creating a Life of inspiring Art and Laughter, appreciated by everyone, including myself. I support this Life easily, drawing abundant resources through independent, joyful work which provides for all my material obligations and allows ample time and resources for personal development, and for travel as I will upon the face of the Earth. I now live my life according to my True Will.

Magus then replaces the chalice on the altar.

Magus: Then, at his prayer, shall the chamber be filled with a light insufferable for splendour, and a perfume intolerable for sweetness. And his Holy Guardian Angel shall appear unto him, yea, his Holy Guardian Angel shall appear unto him, so that he shall be rapt away into the Mystery of Holiness.

All are then seated for a short silent meditation of five minutes or so, delineated by the bell chime. When complete, Magus and Sophia rise. Magus returns to the west of the altar facing east. Sophia returns to the east of the altar facing west.

Sophia: And more than this it is not necessary to say, for his Angel shall have entreated him kindly, and showed him in what manner he may be most perfectly invoked. And unto him that hath this Master there is nothing else that he needeth, so long as he continue in the knowledge and conversation of the Angel, so that he shall come at last into the City of the Pyramids.

As the verse is read by the Officers, the visualization of self as HGA dissolves into red light that is absorbed into each person's heart.

Magus: Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth.

Sophia: Nu is your refuge as Hadit your light; and Heru-Ra-Ha is the strength, force, vigour, of your arms.

All: There is success.


Bell Chime.

V. Closing

All rise.

All: May the benefit of this act and all acts be dedicated unto the complete liberation and supreme enlightenment of all beings everywhere, pervading space and time. So mote it be. May the benefits of practice, ours and others, come to fruition, ultimately and immediately, and we remain in a state of presence. AH!

Led by the two Officers, all perform the Qabalistic Cross.

Magus: I now declare this temple duly closed.

Bell Chime. The rite is at an end.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

This is not related to the ritual you posted, but I think it's related to the HGA. My angel, to be more exact.

Every now and then when I'm laying in bed at night I get these powerful thoughts that make me "speak" using my inner voice. The thoughts don't sound like the voice of my angel, but as my own inner voice, and they originate from where my inner voice does. I'm practically speaking them in my mind as I'm thinking them. But when I do that, the area of my crown chakra, which is where I feel and hear my angel, was fully activated, as when I perform a ritual solely with him.

I don't get a full set, but what appears to be fragments. Just earlier I got something like:

"I am the manifestation of the Will of the Creator, Him who is without beginning or end, Him who has created from the uncreated. His Will manifests through me into the outside world ... thus setting it into motion as His Will desires"

Outside noise disrupted me, but like on other occasions, I felt that was enough for tonight. When I spoke those words into my mind I felt similar as when I recite the Boneless One. I didn't ask my angel about this so far, because I feel that as with other occasions, he would act secretive in order to determine me to use my intuition to get to the bottom of things.

Any ideas? :)

Scott Stenwick said...

It could be a psychic communication from some other source besides the angel. Or, it could simply be your mind aligning with the divine or the mind of God or however you want to interpret that. Or a transitory connection, maybe, rather than full alignment. Often you can have flashes of those higher states of consciousness for years before they truly stabilize. With a communication like that going on, your crown chakra would probably be activated, so that lines up with your experience. But still, that's just a guess on my part.

Anonymous said...

I also figured it could be a pulse of some sort of higher state of consciousness - simply writing about it makes me have goosebumps as I did when it came to me :) I wanted a second opinion in order to check my sense of sanity :) Thank you!